[DogParkList] [Ham-Mac] MacMemoriesManager

N1ZJ n1zj at att.net
Tue Mar 17 11:17:25 EDT 2009

On Mar 17, 2009, at 9:33 AM, Don Agro wrote:

> Doubt all you like. Sales died the week the review was published.

> The reviewer, by the way says he is "glad".

The reviewer is "glad" that he is left with a product he doesn't
like? How does that make sense?

There is an illness in our society. Too many of us think that
commerce is an adversary game in which every player is out to take
advantage of every other player. We think that's what "free market"
means. We're wrong. We need to think of our suppliers and our
customers as partners. Their welfare is important to us. We need to
pay enough for what we get to keep our suppliers in business, and we
need to charge our customers fairly so that they stay in business and
can keep buying. Commerce based on trying to rip each other off is
how we got into this nasty recession in the first place.

The reviewer in this case seems to me to have been incredibly short
sighted. He would have served his own interests much better if he had
written an honest, but optimistic review and communicated suggestions
to Don on the side. If his goal was to have a better product, then
encouraging support of the product would have accomplished that. I
am happy to say that that seems to be the approach we are all taking
to MLDX, and it's working. With enough positive thinking and
cooperation maybe we can get more developers interested in Cocoa so
that Don and Chen won't be so lonely and we can all have more stuff.

John, N1ZJ