[DogParkList] MacLoggerDX V4 and SignaLink USB

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Thu Mar 5 16:12:45 EST 2009

On 5-Mar-09, at 4:05 PM, Don Agro wrote:

> Is anybody using the SignaLink USB on OS X 10.4 with MLDX V4 ?

> If so, which driver did you use ?

> Is the driver built into 10.4 or just 10.5 ?

OK, I think I see the problem - the SignaLink USB does not have a CAT
connection and cannot be used to control or read the Radio VFO...

http://www.tigertronics.com/slusbfaq.htm

"Can I use the SignaLink USB to control my radio, or will I need a
separate CAT interface?
The SignaLink USB is a sound card interface that provides the
necessary hardware to operate all sound card digital and voice modes,
but it does NOT provide the "CAT" (Computer Assisted Tuning) hardware
needed to control the radio. If you want to control your radio
(tuning, band/mode selection, etc.), then you will need a separate CAT
interface. We suggest checking your radio manual for the radio
manufacturer's CAT interface part number (CI-V, CT-x, etc.). If you
do not want to purchase a CAT interface from the radio manufacturer
(these are usually more expensive), then we suggest searching the
internet for a compatible unit. NOTE: Please see the question below
about using the SignaLink USB with programs that offer CAT control."

73 Don Agro VE3VRW