[DogParkList] Mentoring

ltrranch at vtc.net ltrranch at vtc.net
Mon Feb 23 13:35:25 EST 2009

I was wondering if someone would be so kind as to help me understand
what is happening with the new MacLogger program V5.0 for Cocoa. I've
been following the dialog for the dogparklist. I'm a semi techie who
would like to learn more about digital communication.
A little background: I do use and really enjoy using MacLogger in
SSB contests. I have loaded and used Cocoa modem with a SignalLink
USB interface with only one PSK contact to date. I use a IC-736
transceiver with a G5RV antenna and the Blackcat CI-V interface to
the radio.
I thought I'd ask just a few questions to begin with:
1. With using 5.0 do you run Cocoa in the foreground and MacLogger
in the background for logging?
2. Is the SignalLink ok or should I switch to the microHam keyer?
Any pro or cons?
3. Do I need a CW filter in the transceiver?
Will start with these questions. Thanks Tom N7KCX