[DogParkList] Notes from the Skunkworks

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Thu Jan 8 20:40:14 EST 2009

Hi David,

On 8-Jan-09, at 8:20 PM, David Ferrington, M0XDF wrote:

> Well, I'm very sorry about that. Makes you wonder if they do

> actually use the software, or just hang around reading?

Judging by the hundreds of direct emails I get every day I would say
they are using it (or they were ;)

> Is it because we're discussing contesting or because of the number

> of posts?

Don't know, most people unsubscribe because the topic doesn't interest
them and they get tired of hitting the delete key.

> All birth involves trauma!

I'm feeling the trauma, think I'll go back to writing software instead
of emails :)

> Perhaps there needs to be a separate list to discuss the cocoa

> version, but more work for you to admin.

Sorry, fresh out of spare cycles.

> The same thing happened when Elecraft announced the K3, the

> reflector was swamped with K3 posts and people not interested in K3

> (at least at that time) complained bitterly and some left. Of

> course, there's a lot of interest now, but the list is still swamped

> with K3 stuff.

> I haven't seen any complaints though, so people are just leaving

> without explaining why.

That's generally what happens.

73 Don Agro VE3VRW