[DogParkList] Problems changing both freq and mode via DX cluster panel K3

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Wed Jan 2 09:28:31 EST 2008

Hi David,

On 2-Jan-08, at 8:51 AM, David Ferrington, M0XDF wrote:

> Here you are Don, I thought you'd want a debug, but waited since I

> didn't

> know what you'd want me to do :-)

The log looks fine - no errors visible.

On 2-Jan-08, at 7:04 AM, David Ferrington, M0XDF wrote:

> Changing mode via the Mode drop down works every time, but generally,

> choosing a line in the DX Clusters Panel and hitting Enter does not

> set the

> mode first time with the K3. Same appears to be the case with the

> Bands

> panel.

> It's as if I send both a freq change and a Mode change means the

> mode change

> gets missed. Generally, send a freq change within the same band is

> fine,

> across bands is not.

Setting the mode by frequency as we do in the DX Cluster panel, or the
Bands Panel depends on your Band plan file which is likely OK since it
works with the FT-857.

The mode command sent is the same command sent when you set mode alone
but is sent just before the set frequency command.

My guess is that the radio has not finished processing the mode change
when it receives the frequency change and simply discards the mode
change command.

This may be fixed in future updates to the K3 firmware but in the
meantime I have inserted a short delay after the mode change to see if
that helps.

Please give version 4.3.3b7 a try and let me know if that helps.

73 Don Agro VE3VRW