[DogParkList] Grid default or real?

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Wed Feb 8 14:30:11 EST 2006

Hi Stephen,

On 8-Feb-06, at 2:15 PM, Stephen Prior wrote:

> I don't know what others think, but I would find it good to know
> whether the
> grid which appears after a callsign lookup is a default one for the
> capital
> of the dxcc entity concerned or the real grid as provided
> indirectly by the
> actual station.
>
> Perhaps they could be in different colours, or italics perhaps?
>
> If this facility already exists and I have missed something
> somewhere (as I
> had with my last post I seem to recall!) then I do apologise!

MacLoggerDX tells you exactly how it arrives at the location
determination...

<http://www.dogparksoftware.com/MacLoggerDX/Manual/Pages/
controlwindow.html>

The "Loc:" field in the Control Window / Location area (bottom left)
displays one of the following...

None 	No Location Information Available.
Base 	Base Call Latitude and Longitude supplied in the Station Info
Dialog.
Country Latitude and Longitude supplied for geographical center of
Country.
Call 	Latitude and Longitude supplied as best guess for call prefix.
(data/bearings.dat)
City 	Latitude and Longitude supplied for city found in lookup of call.
US Zip	Latitude and Longitude of post office found for US Zip code.
Grid 	Grid Manually entered.
Log GS 	Grid Square found in log.
iNet GS Internet Lookup found Grid Square (not for portable prefix).
iNet LL Internet Lookup found exact Latitude and Longitude (not for
portable prefix).
APRS 	APRS Position Report.
Unknown	Location info program error.

In addition the 2D map position markers display the following:

<http://www.dogparksoftware.com/MacLoggerDX/Manual/Pages/mappanel.html>
Locator Legend:

Description	Locator
----------      --------------------------------
Red Circle	Base
Red Square	Log Grid Square
Red Plus	Internet Latitude and Longitude
Red Square	Internet Grid Square
Red Circle	City Database
Red Z		US Zip code
Red X		APRS Position
Yellow Plus	None
Yellow Circle	Country Database
Yellow Plus	Call Database
Red Square	Manual Entry Grid

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro at dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
     iChat AV:dogpark at mac.com