[DogParkList] Using LoTW

Doug Hall k4dsp.doug at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 11:09:37 EST 2006

Hi folks,
If you're planning to export your MLDX QSOs to ARRL's Logbook of the World
you may want to be aware of some things that tripped me up this past week.
One concerns a setting in MLDX that I had wrong, and another concerns the
use of LoTW with OS X Tiger.

First, I discovered that my band plan (under the Bands Panel) was set to
Japan. This was an oversight on my part since I had never even looked at the
Bands Panel. As a result the ADIF log I exported had OUT_OF_BAND error
messages in it for all of my 40m SSB QSOs. So check the band panel before
you export your log to ADIF.

Second, the current version of the TQSL program available from the ARRL web
page is apparently busted under Tiger. I found a version that had been
updated to work with 10.4 at:
http://home.insightbb.com/~n9yty/TQSL-1.11-TIGER.zip<http://home.insightbb.com/%7En9yty/TQSL-1.11-TIGER.zip>and
it works fine.

Finally, if you've migrated your hamshack machine to OS X from Windows, or
if you've replaced your hamshack machine with another OS X machine, make
sure you save your TQSL certificate as a .p12 file so you can import it to
the new machine with TQSLCert. The .tq6 file you received from the ARRL
won't do you any good when migrating TQSL to another machine.

Once you get everything set up it's relatively painless - export your QSOs
to ADIF, sign the ADIF log with TQSL, and upload via the LoTW web interface.
73,
Doug Hall, K4DSP