[DogParkList] Re: UTC - 24hr format; log list editing MLDX

Chuck Gould gr8tfly at chiligraphics.com
Tue Sep 13 05:42:02 EDT 2005

Don,

I'll have to check up on the latest guidelines, but as a for
instance, you can change any date or time in Excel to any format you
like (think LabView can override the time format, too). Anyway, they
are GUIDElines. Even within MLDX, it still puts the time in the log
in 24hr format, no matter what the edit boxes show. I don't want to
get into GUI design debates, as just about every program written has
some variation on the guidelines. No other app I've ever used has
needed to control/option click to resize column widths (back to 1984
on Mac). Also, I don't think the guidelines would leave out the use
of tabs for table navigation.

Don't get me wrong, I still like the program and will enjoy using it.
And, I'll continue to recommend it to other Mac HAMs.

Oh well. Thanks for listening, anyway. These conversations seem too
familiar - as I've mentioned, I've worked your end of the development
process and had to field these sorts of issues with IBM and Hitachi
as customers (among others). It can be tedious, to say the least.

Thanks again.

73
-chuck WB6KDH