[DogParkList] Missing OS X already...

John Zaruba Jr aa2bn at comcast.net
Thu Aug 25 22:51:02 EDT 2005

Well Gang,

I had a major disaster two days ago with my G3 iBook. I spilled a cup of
water on the keyboard of the iBook, and everyone can visualize the
results :-(

I had an old PC sitting elsewhere in my basement, awaiting disposal,
that I have running to help me limp along. I installed Debian Linux on
it, and boy do I miss OS X. Getting everything installed and configured
has been a full time job on top of my full time job. I also violated the
cardinal rule of computing, namely backup,backup, backup. I lost all my
Dog Park apps (replaceable) but I lost my radio logs (irreplaceable). If
you have .Mac, make sure you copy your Mac Logger DX log to your iDisk,
like I did not.

I'm running Predict for sat ops, and while it's a pretty good program,
IT AIN'T NO Mac Doppler Pro.

Tommorrow, I'll head up to the Apple store to find out if my beloved
iBook is repairable, or totaled. Those of you so blessed, hug you Mac
and give thanks.

73,

John AA2BN

P.S. If the iBook is toast, I may leave the store with a Mac Mini.