[DogParkList] Question: Dumb one?..

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Wed Jul 20 05:26:49 EDT 2005

Hi Jeff,

On 20-Jul-05, at 4:11 AM, Jeffrey M. Swiger wrote:

> Hi all.
> I'm new to the Group, and looking at MLDX..
> Is the Registration for All updates?..

Yes there has only been one upgrade fee so far and that was for v3.5
in October of 2003.
All updates since then have been free to registered users.
The 3D Map Option is just that - optional.

> Second, I'm reading of some Features, that I can't
> seem to find, are they disabled?
> CW Keying is the one I'm looking at..

CW Keying is disabled under OS9 and if no radio is connected -
otherwise the "Keyer" button in the VFO area of the main window
activates the Keyers window.

> Does this work like a memory Key for Contests?..

Yes, there is a CW, text-to-speech and pre-recorded keyer.

The CW keyer can use DTR/RTS serial port keying or radio built in CW
if your radio supports it.

There is a user-editable message file with macro substitution...

<http://www.dogparksoftware.com/MacLoggerDX/Manual/Pages/cwkeyer.html>

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro at dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
     iChat AV:dogpark at mac.com